- Scilab help
- Files : Input/Output functions
Please note that the recommended version of Scilab is 2024.0.0. This page might be outdated.
See the recommended documentation of this function
read lines from an text file
a character string giving the file name or a logical unit returned by mopen
an integer scalar. number of lines to read. Default value is -1.
a column vector of string
mgetl function allows to read a lines from an text file.
omitted or is
-1 all lines till end of file occurs are read.
m is given
mgetl tries to read exactly m lines. This
option is useful to sequentialy read part of a file. In this case if
an end of file (EOF) occurs before
m lines are read the read lines are
returned (it is possible to check if EOF had occured using the meof
mgetl allows to read files coming from Unix, Windows, or Mac
mgetl supports only UTF-8(NO-BOM) and ANSI file encoding.
- mputl — writes strings in an ascii file
- mclose — close an opened file
- mfscanf — reads input from the standard input (interface to the C scanf function)
- mget — reads byte or word in a given binary format and convert to double
- mput — writes byte or word in a given binary format
- mgetstr — read a character string from a file
- mopen — open a file
- read — matrices read
|<< mget||Files : Input/Output functions||mgetstr >>|