Please note that the recommended version of Scilab is 2023.1.0. This page might be outdated.
See the recommended documentation of this function
Builds a toolbox having a standard structure (EXPERIMENTAL)
tbx_make() tbx_make(tbx_path) tbx_make(tbx_path, sections)
a single string: absolute or relative path to the toolbox root directory.
Default path is the current working directory.
matrix of strings: Names of the toolbox sections to be built, amongst
["macros", "help", "src", "sci_gateway", "localization"].
"*"can be used to force building all available sections instead of running the builder script when it exists.
will select all available sections in case of missing builder script.
The short name (id)
tbx_name of the toolbox is retrieved as the
basename of the
This file is mandatory, even if it is empty.
tbx_make builds the toolbox pointed to by its root directory
tbx_path, by executing an explicit or default builder script.
sections are explicitly required to build,
tbx_make(..) runs a default builder for each of them.
tbx_path is scanned for a script named like
- If such a file is found,
tbx_makeexecutes it, and that's it.
- Otherwise, all available toolbox sections are built with the default builders.
Default builders process the sections of the toolbox according to the following conventions:
||All macros files |
||Functional external code in src is compiled. (Please see tbx_builder_src)|
||gateway functions in sci_gateway are compiled. (Please see tbx_builder_gateway)|
||Localization files are built and/or postprocessed (Please see tbx_build_localization)|
||Help pages are generated from XML source files stored in
This default behaviour mimics the
builder.sce script provided in the
toolbox_skeleton template module available in
scripts are always created at the toolbox's root.
// The working directory is set at the toolbox root: tbx_make() // builds the toolbox with the toolbox builder (if any), // or for all sections with default builders otherwise. tbx_make . macros // builds only its macros section from files in ./macros/ tbx_make . * // builds all available sections, without using the toolbox builder // Builds the toolbox located in path/to/mytoolbox directory tbx_make("path/to/mytoolbox") // Compiles macros help and src for the toolbox located in path/to/mytoolbox tbx_make("path/to/mytoolbox", ["macros", "help", "src"])
- tbx_builder_macros — Create library(es) of a toolbox for its functions in Scilab language
- tbx_builder_help — Build help pages of a toolbox, with possible subsections (toolbox compilation process)
- tbx_build_localization — Build localization "mo" file from "po" files (toolbox compilation process)
- tbx_builder_src — Builds the user source code (non-gateway) in src/ subdirectory.
- tbx_builder_gateway — Builds the user gateway code in sci_gateway/ subdirectory.
- tbx_build_blocks — Compile Xcos blocks (toolbox compilation process)
- tbx_build_loader — Generate loader and unloader scripts (toolbox compilation process)
- tbx_build_cleaner — Generate a cleaner.sce script (toolbox compilation process)
|6.0.1||The existing builder is run only if no specific sections are requested.|
|Report an issue|
|<< Helper functions||Modules manager||Multilinguism >>|