- Scilab help
- PVM parallel Toolbox
Please note that the recommended version of Scilab is 2023.1.0. This page might be outdated.
However, this page did not exist in the previous stable version.
Performs a reduce operation over members of the specified group
[buff, info] = pvm_reduce(func, buff, msgtag, group, rootginst)
- func : string, defines the operation performed on the global
data. Should be : Max, Min, Sum or Pro.
- buff : scalar, local scilab variable. On return, the data array on
the root will be overwritten with the result of the reduce operation over the group.
- msgtag : integer, message tag supplied by the user. msgtag
should be >= 0. It allows the user's program to distinguish between different kinds of messages.
string, group name of an existing group.
- rootginst : integer, instance number of group member who gets the
- info : integer, status code returned by the routine. Values
less than zero indicate an error.
pvm_reduce performs global operations such as max, min,
sum or product over all the tasks in a group. All group members
call pvm_reduce with their local data, and the result of
the reduction operation appears on the user specified root
task root. The root task is identified by its instance
number in the group.
Max and Min are implemented for scalar datatypes (double, complex). For complex values the minimum [maximum] is that complex pair with the minimum [maximum] modulus. Sum and Product are implemented for scalar datatypes.
Note: pvm_reduce does not block. If a task calls pvm_reduce and then leaves the group before the root has called pvm_reduce an error may occur.
- pvm_bcast — broacasts a message to all members of a group
- pvm_barrier — blocks the calling process until all processes in a group have called it.
- pvm_send — immediately sends (or multicast) data.
- pvm_getinst — returns the instance number in a group of a PVM process.
- pvm_gsize — returns the number of members presently in the named group.
- pvm_joingroup — enrolls the calling process in a named group.
- pvm_lvgroup — Unenrolls the calling process from a named group.
|<< pvm_recv||PVM parallel Toolbox||pvm_sci2f77 >>|