Please note that the recommended version of Scilab is 2023.1.0. This page might be outdated.
See the recommended documentation of this function
About M2SCI tools
Generally speaking about tools to convert Matlab files to Scilab
Scilab includes useful tools to convert Matlab M-files to Scilab.
Taking a Matlab M-file,
mfile2sci modifies this files so that it can be
compiled by Scilab. After that this compiled code is converted to a "tree" of instructions
macr2tree. This "tree" is an imbrication of Scilab lists and tlists and
is the basis for conversion. Each instruction of this "tree" is converted to Scilab and
inference is done to known what are the variables. Once this "tree" is converted to Scilab,
code is generated using
All tlists used for coding this tree (and we call "MSCI tlists") are listed below:
tlist representing a function call created by
tlist representing an operation created by
tlist representing a variable created by
tlist representing a constant created by
tlist representing an instruction created by
tlist representing an IF/THEN/ELSE control instruction created inside M2SCI kernel functions
tlist representing a WHILE control instruction created inside M2SCI kernel functions
tlist representing a SELECT/CASE control instruction created inside M2SCI kernel functions
tlist representing a FOR control instruction created inside M2SCI kernel functions
The contents of these tlists is described in corresponding help pages.
Operations are converted using a fonction named
%<opcode>2sci with opcode
the Scilab code for this operator. See help page for overloading to have these codes. All
these functions are already written and are in directory SCI/modules/m2sci/macros/percent/.
Function calls are converted using a function called
Some of these functions have been written and are in directory SCI/modules/m2sci/macros/sci_files/.
We are working on increasing the set of Matlab functions converted. However, everybody can
written such functions using help page sci_files.
Inference is done using tlists of type "infer" containing fields:
list of dimensions
"contents" tlist if a Cell or a Struct
Type is a tlist of type "type" containing fields:
To have more details about inference see help page for m2scideclare.
- mfile2sci — Matlab M-file to Scilab conversion function
- translatepaths — convert a set of Matlab M-files directories to Scilab
- overloading — display, functions and operators overloading capabilities
- sci_files — How to write conversion functions
- Funcall — Create a tree representing a function call
- Operation — Create a tree representing an operation
- Variable — Create a tree representing a variable
- Cste — Create a tree representing a constant
- Infer — Create a tree containing inference data
- Type — Create a tree containing type inference data
- Equal — Create a tree representing an instruction
- m2scideclare — Giving tips to help M2SCI...
|<< Matlab-Scilab equivalents||Matlab to Scilab Conversion Tips||Contents >>|